We Do Business in Accordance with the Fair Housing Act (The Fair Housing Amendments Act of 1988). It is illegal to discriminate against any person because of race, color, religion, sex, handicap, familial status or national origin
• In the sale or rental of housing or residential lots
• In the advertising or sale of rental housing
• In the financing of housing
• In the provision of real estate brokerage services
• In the appraisal of housing
• Blockbusting is also illegal
National Association of Realtors, Code for Equal Opportunity
We subscribe to the policy that equal opportunity in the acquisition of housing can best be accomplished through leadership, example, education, and the mutual cooperation of the real estate industry and the public. In the spirit of this endeavor, this board proclaims the following provisions of its Code of Equal Opportunity to which each member is obligated to adhere:
1. In the sale, purchase, rental, or lease of real property, REALTORS and their REALTOR-ASSOCIATES have the responsibility to offer equal service to all clients and prospects without regard to race, color, religion, sex, handicap, familial status or national origin. This encompasses:
• Standing ready to enter broker-client relationships or to show property equally to members of all racial, religious, or ethnic groups.
• Receiving all formal written offers and communicating them to the owner.
• Exerting their best efforts to conclude all transactions.
• Maintaining equal opportunity employment practices.
2. Members, individually and collectively, in performing their agency functions, have no right or responsibility to volunteer information regarding the racial, religious, or ethnic composition of any neighborhood or any part thereof.
3. Members shall not engage in any activity which has the purpose of inducing panic selling.
4. Members shall not print, display, or circulate any statement or advertisement with respect to the sale or rental of a dwelling that indicates any preference, limitations, or discrimination based on race, color, religion, sex, handicap, familial status, or national origin.
5. Members who violate the spirit or any provision of this Code for Equal Opportunity shall be subject to disciplinary action.